Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Politics Today! It's Guns!

After re-reading my post from yesterday I started thinking. It reminded me of something. Short bursts of thought. Different topics all together, but with a common thread. It dawned on me this afternoon out at the range that I had written a Cooper blog post! It didn;t have his flair or intellect, but I had inadvertantly written in his style. Here I am at Condition Zero, XD in hand, and I am thinking about my political blog. What is wrong with me?

Anyway, what I want to talk about is CCW and your favorites. I know everyone has their favorite carry weapon and their opinion is the only one that counts. I am the same way. I carry a Glock 27 every day. I don't have "Glock trigger syndrome" and I want to make sure I have a minimum amount of gun on my side. The .40 caliber fits the bill for me. My Glock is nice and round, and easily concealed. I love it.

YET....I am not a "Glockhead". My full sized Gen 1 XD is a far superior firearm in my opinion, I just can't hide it on my body. My favorite handgun is a Ruger blackhawk with a minor trigger jod. No way in H E double hockey sticks I am gonna wear over three pounds of single action wheel gun every day. I shot an LCP a while back , and although it shot well, I am just not sure I want to go with that small a caliber. In defense of the 27, I have NEVER had a single fault when firing it. It has probably experienced 5000 bangs without error.

I know, I know, it's all about shot placement. but it's not. Not in today's day and age. I am an advocate of "thumper" cartridges. Different writer and slightly different theory. Bigger is better in the world of CCW. I believe we should carry as much gun as we can sensibly handle. After all, I am not overly recoil sensitive, and I have the ability and desire to shoot several hundreds of rounds a month. I know, I am fortunate. Life is good.

Let me know what you think. I always enjoy a good discussion. Even if you wish to go left and tell me that I am some sort of bad guy for exercising my second amendment rights. I won't have a problem debating the matter as long as you remain civilized. Tell me what you like to carry and why. Ask questions. I am no expert, but I will share my opinion and back it up with as much fact as possible. If you have been reading for any time at all, you will know that I love to type!

Till next time, Thank you to the Late Great Col. Jeff Cooper! You are an inspiration!

Keep your powder dry and your eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment