Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Brothers

I thought about this post all day. I woke up this morning, and thanked my wife(a fellow vet), and then went silent all day. It happened to be a day off work, so today was clothes shopping day for the boys. It was on our way to town that it hit me. I was reading all of my facebook "friend's" thank yous to America's veterans.

It dawned on me at that moment. Most of these folks are truly sincere in their thanks. Some are going through the motions, and a few simply don't want to look bad. These are all valid reasons, right or wrong, for thanking a vet.

Then, I realized that none of my under 30 "friends" had taken the time to remember the absolute horror of what has happened to allow them to do the same thing as I did today. I mean NONE of them. One of these people is actually doing the facebook "thankful to Thanksgiving" thing. In case you didn't know, there is a thing on facebook where you list something new to be thankful for each day from November first until Thanksgiving. This person was thankful for a prime time television show today.


Is it any wonder we have what we have in Washington?

OK, I apologize. I don't mean to use this event to attack anyone. I just have to speak my mind when it strikes me. Besides, we let them be indoctrinated.

Today's post is truly about my Brothers. Please know that I am thinking about each of you today and always. Those of you that paid the price, those still serving, and each of you making a life after service. It is you; each and every one of you, that makes it possible for us live the way we do. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You ARE America.


Grandpa, my dearest Wife, uncle Dave, Johnny B, all the D Co. boys, Sean V, Rev Blanchard, etc.... The list goes on and on. You have taught me much about life, love, and brotherhood. For that I owe you as well as for your service. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment